• Develops, evaluates, and improves setup and production methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, material and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production capabilities, and AS9100
• Designs standard systems & processes to ensure setup reduction and efficiency gains are realized and maintained
• Design tooling required to ensure efficient production methods
• Develops, documents, and audits established tool strings in every cell
• Assist programmer in finalizing strong systems for MasterCAM post-processors and CNC programs
• Performs audits and creates solutions for the company’s 6-S work center standardization program
• Complete other Manufacturing Engineering and Continuous Improvement projects as directed by Engineering Manager
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering preferred, or degree in another discipline with manufacturing emphasis, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience with CNC lathe and mill setup including tool/fixture design required.
• Very strong skills and experience required in blueprint interpretation, shop math, and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Knowledge required in lean manufacturing methods, 5-S/6-S standards, cellular layout manufacturing, and single piece flow concepts
• Very strong attention to detail and accuracy required, with outstanding problem solving and root cause analysis skills
• Very strong written and verbal communications skills
• Must be able to work in a dynamic environment and balance multiple priorities and projects
• Aerospace and/or Manufacturing industry experience is desired
Position Specific Skills
• Experience with CAM software required (MasterCAM X or higher preferred)
• Experience with CAD software required (SolidWorks or Catia V5 preferred)
• MRP or ERP experience is beneficial
Experience and Education
Minimum 2 years’ experience with CNC lathe and mill setup including tool/fixture design required.
Physical Demands – General Activities
Visual Acuity: Near acuity and accommodation are required for reading machine dial gauges, blueprints, and precision measuring instruments, and accommodation as required for reading and using computer screens and documents
Hearing Ability: Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action.
Working Conditions: Primarily works in a shop floor environment. The employee is subject to:
• High noise levels from operating machines
• Physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts
• Breathing fumes, dust and mist
• Skin exposure to oils and cutting fluid