CNC MACHINE-LATHE OPERATOR
Operates numerical control machines or machining centers to perform various functions, such as cutting, drilling, milling, reaming, boring, and broaching of metallic and nonmetallic work pieces, utilizing knowledge of machine tool capabilities, machinability of materials, and shop math. Offsets tool stations to keep parts within acceptable limits according to supervisors instructions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reads and interprets blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine operating procedure and know the manufacturing sequences and machining methods required.
- Monitors cutting tools in machine spindle and notifies supervisor of tool wear and/or tolerance problems.
- Starts machine and monitors displays and machine operation to detect malfunctions.
- Stops machine to change cutting tools and adjust coolant direction according to required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Enters commands (Offsets) or manually adjusts machine controls to correct malfunctions or out‑of‑tolerance machining.
- Discusses control media errors with supervisor or programming personnel to resolve problems.
- Performs machine maintenance.
- Inspects and measures parts to maintain statistical process control charts.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Training and Experience: Between 1 and 2 years of trade school, vocational education, work experience, or apprenticeship.